The Australian Society of Orthodontists (ASO) is the peak body for orthodontists and orthodontic knowledge across Australia. As an ASO member you are part of the largest network of orthodontists in Australia. We are shaping the future of the profession.
What benefits will I receive?
All ASO members have immediate access to the latest knowledge, developments and exclusive opportunities relevant to the profession.
As a member you’re also entitled to:
- Discounted rates for all ASO meetings, including preferred admission to the Australian Orthodontic Congress held every two years. 2016 is a Congress year and as a member, you can take advantage of discounted registration rates.
- Have your own listing within the ASO’s ‘Find an Orthodontist’ online tool, which is heavily promoted in all our external communications.
- Have your practice blog content highlighted on the ASO website.
- Access the Australasian Orthodontic Board’s unique certification program for members - a voluntary process with an emphasis on continuing education and peer review, ensuring members remain up-to-date with the latest orthodontic practice and clinical developments.
- Receive the highly respected Australian Orthodontic Journal, published biannually.
- Have the opportunity to be involved with Give a Smile™ – the charitable arm of the ASO.
- Access the ASO's alliance with dental supply company Henry Schein Halas, which provides significant benefits for members purchasing dental supplies for their practices.
- Stay-up-to-date with industry news via regular emails and newsletters.
- Have the opportunity to attend regular professional education meetings.
- Access free classified advertisements and marketing tools developed by the ASO to help you promote your business.
- Enjoy a sense of professional collegiality and networking opportunities.
The ASO moving forward…
The ASO is evolving. In 2015 we built the foundations for our online public education and awareness campaign about why and when to see an ASO orthodontist. We did this by launching our new website, our blog, our Facebook page, our LinkedIn group and talking with members about the most important messages we need to take to the public.
In 2016, as a member you can expect to see a lot more about orthodontics and orthodontists in the press, online, and in social media. We are working to ensure the public understand when and why they should see an orthodontist, who is an orthodontist and the importance of seeing a registered specialist orthodontist.
ASO members access exclusive member benefits, resources and recognition from the peak body for orthodontists across Australia.