Excellence, Education and Review
Gain AOB Certification
ASO or NZAO current membership is an essential pre-requisite for AOB Certification.
AOB Certification lasts for 7 years and involves two stages.
Stage 1 (10 CPD Points)
- Submit your application (Form 1) and arrange payment, you will receive an invoice one you email your application.
- Prospectively nominate 2 Board cases by completing the Case Details (Form 2), that you aim to report on, and 3 additional back-up cases and return completed consent forms for all 5 cases: a cover letter for the patient consent forms is also available for your convenience.
- Once your application is acknowledged you have three months to submit treatment plans for your two nominated cases to complete Stage 1.
Stage 2 (15 CPD Points)
- Upon completion of patient treatment, submit the Certification Application form (Form 3) and records for 2 cases.
- Each report should include a brief literature review supporting your plan or treatment.
- You will have three years to complete this stage.
AOB Certification is valid for 7 years. For ongoing AOB Certification you must repeat the AOB process again within this period.
Once the certification process has been completed twice (certification and completing recertification once), ongoing recertification is awarded following submission of the AOB Professional Development Logbook, every 7 years.
Visit the AOB Resource page to find all the forms, sample cases and other resources to help you complete your application.
Last updated November 2023