Below are some relevant resources in relation to COVID-19.
- ADA restrictions on dental practice - Updated 4 August 2020
- Decision tree for Level 1 patient management - provided by the ADA, 8 May 2020
- Level 2 guidelines - released by the ASO, 27 April 2020
- ADA resources - Coronavirus specific information
- Department of health - COVID-19 infection control training for healthcare workers in all settings
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Resources for health professionals
- Safework Australia - Advice for employers
- For member practices - Sample wording for practices to use regarding health and safety measures
- Fair Work Ombudsman - Coronavirus and Australian workplace laws
- Coronavirus and your employees - Some information provided by ClinLegal on employer obligations
- Temporary closures - If you are considering closing, shutting down or reducing staff hours, it is important to know your options and legal obligations
- Standing down employees - General information about standing down employees and what happens when the practice reopens
- How to effect a genuine redundancy - a 10-minute course offered by ClinLegal on how to effect redundancies
- Management tools templates/guidance - This is provided by ClinLegal for guidance only and is not a substitute for legal advice. This is designed for practices governed by the national employment system. Please see from paragraph 3 onwards relating to staff. Templates should be individualised for each practice to suit your specific needs
Employment law is complex. These articles are general but may be useful in looking at options for employees:
- The next question employers may need to ask – Can stand down provisions be used to address COVID-19 or quarantine?
- Coronavirus – the ABCH guide for Australian employers as at 12 March 2020
- ADA - Information about financial support for practitioners and practice owners
- Income support for individuals - Information about Government income support payments and the Coronavirus supplement
- Support for businesses - Information about the Government's cash flow assistance for businesses
- Coronavirus information and support for business - Find financial assistance, eligibility and timing for the new government support for Australian businesses
- ATO - Information about support available as well as frequently asked questions
- JobKeeper payment - information about the Government's JobKeeper payment which is open to eligible businesses that receive a significant financial hit caused by the coronavirus
- Mental health and wellbeing - useful resources as well as tips and strategies to help you look after your mental health during during the coronavirus pandemic.
More COVID-19 information
Below are downloadable posters that can be displayed regarding simple steps to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
More government resources can be found online by clicking HERE.
The ASO has a listing on our classifieds page for locums under "Positions sought". If your orthodontist is unable to see patients due to having to self-isolate (e.g after returning from an overseas trip), you can visit the ASO classifieds page to find a suitable locum to cover for you. Click HERE for more information.