The Australian Society of Orthodontists (ASO) is the peak specialist body for orthodontists in Australia and represents around 90% of registered orthodontists across every state and territory. As the peak body for orthodontists, the ASO is committed to advancing orthodontic knowledge, educating the public and supporting the profession.
The ASO helps patients understand their options for orthodontic treatment and offers guidance about dealing with qualified practitioners providing orthodontic care. We rely on the best practice university and hospital research to ensure every time we are acting in the best interests of patient care. We have no financial interest in any orthodontic companies or techniques.
The ASO’s strategic priorities are:
- Advocacy, and maintaining strong, collaborative relationships within the dental sector
- Public education about evidence based orthodontic treatment and the specialist practitioners providing orthodontic care
- Providing members with ongoing support, tools and resources so they can thrive throughout their careers
- Supporting research and continuing education in orthodontics
- Maintaining a strong cohesive organisation, with best practice governance.